Wednesday, June 19, 2024

In an effort to get out of my comfort zone and meet some new players I signed up to play a one-day Bolt Action tournament

I had an idea to rock up with a semi plausible force based around tooled up Panzer Grenadiers in hanomags. the nice bonus was that i was able to paint some new minis and after watching the excellent painting guide from Sonic Sledgehammer I had a vague idea how to do them all in the new Vallejo Xpress range.

After rushing the paintjobs for a week, including figuring out a new airbrush I managed to paint up the entire force. Really surprisingly I won best painted army on the day and bagged a good selection of goodies from Roast and Roll who had supplied all the terrain and organised TOs


Not surprisingly was the fact that I lost all my games, I'm waaaaay too used to using fluffy lists in narrative games. It didn't really matter on the day though as the opponents were all really dead on and I definitely learned a lot from them.




No comments:

Post a Comment

In an effort to get out of my comfort zone and meet some new players I signed up to play a one-day Bolt Action tournament I had an idea to r...